Crockpot Taco Soup – Winter nights call for cozy, comforting meals, and this Crockpot Taco Soup is just the thing you need to warm your soul. This hearty soup is loaded with all the flavors of a classic taco in a soup form, making it a perfect meal for any day of the week. With minimal prep work and only a few simple ingredients, this recipe is an easy and flavorful way to feed your family.
My husband and I have been making this Crockpot Taco Soup for years, and it has become a family favorite. I still remember the first time we made it – it was a cold and snowy day, and we were craving something warm and comforting. We threw all the ingredients into the crockpot and let it simmer away for hours. The aroma that filled our house was mouth-watering, and we couldn’t wait to dig in. The first spoonful was a burst of flavor, and we both knew we had a winner on our hands. Since then, we’ve made it countless times, and it never fails to impress. It’s the perfect meal to come home to after a long day, and we love adding our favorite toppings to customize it to our liking.
Why This Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe Is a Must-Try?
- Easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep work, this recipe is a breeze to make.
- Loaded with flavor: This soup is loaded with all the flavors of a classic taco, from the ground beef to the taco seasoning and the diced tomatoes and chilis. It’s sure to satisfy your cravings for Mexican food.
- Customizable: You can add your favorite toppings to this soup to make it your own. We love adding cheese, avocado, and sour cream, but you can add tortilla strips, cilantro, or any other toppings you like.
- Perfect for meal prep: This recipe makes a large batch of soup, which means you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner throughout the week. Plus, it’s freezer-friendly, so you can make a batch and freeze it for later.
- 450g lean ground beef
- 1 can (540 mL) of diced tomatoes, including juices
- 1 can (127 mL) of green chilis
- 1 can (340 mL) of corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (540 mL) of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 710 mL chicken stock (or homemade bone broth)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
In the base of a 6-quart slow cooker, place the ground beef. Use a spatula to break it up into small pieces.
Add all remaining ingredients. Mix, then add the lid.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with suggested toppings.
- If you prefer a spicier soup, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper or some diced jalapenos.
- This recipe can easily be adapted for a vegetarian or vegan diet by omitting the ground beef and using vegetable broth instead of chicken stock.
- You can also add in other vegetables like zucchini, carrots, or sweet potatoes to bulk up the soup.
- The suggested toppings are just that – suggestions. Feel free to customize with your own favorites.
In conclusion, this Crockpot Taco Soup recipe is a delicious and hearty meal that is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, this soup is a crowd-pleaser that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. The best part? It can easily be customized to fit your personal taste preferences and dietary restrictions. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy a warm and comforting bowl of taco soup that will keep you coming back for more!
How can I make this recipe spicier?
If you prefer a spicier soup, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper or some diced jalapenos.
Can I make this recipe vegetarian or vegan?
Yes! Omit the ground beef and use vegetable broth instead of chicken stock.
Can I add other vegetables to this soup?
Absolutely! You can add in other vegetables like zucchini, carrots, or sweet potatoes to bulk up the soup.
Do I have to use all of the suggested toppings?
Nope! The suggested toppings are just that – suggestions. Feel free to customize with your own favorites.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes! Leftovers may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. To assemble as a freezer crockpot meal, add all ingredients except for broth/stock to a large meal prep container, reusable silicone bag, or sturdy gallon-sized freezer bag. Squeeze as much air out as possible and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before cooking as directed above.
Crockpot Taco Soup
- 450 g lean ground beef
- 1 can 540 mL of diced tomatoes, including juices
- 1 can 127 mL of green chilis
- 1 can 340 mL of corn kernels, drained
- 1 can 540 mL of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 710 mL chicken stock or homemade bone broth
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- In the base of a 6-quart slow cooker, place the ground beef. Use a spatula to break it up into small pieces.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Mix, then add the lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with suggested toppings.