Tender pieces of chicken tenders coated in a crispy cheesy crumb crust then topped with a simple, yet delightful chicken gravy.
My family loves to gobble up this crispy cheddar chicken. The cheesy Ritz cracker crumb coating makes a whole lot of difference. Not only that this makes the chicken tenders super crispy, but it also keeps the chicken moist and tender.
I can’t guarantee any leftovers, but they are also delicious to use for salad. Simply chop them up and toss them or add them on top of your salad. You can also wrap any leftovers in a tortilla to make a crispy chicken sandwich.
What You Need To Make Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken tenders or breasts
- Butter crackers, such as Ritz
- Black pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
- Can cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
How To Make Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Step 1: Into two or three large pieces, slice the chicken breasts.
Step 2: In a food processor, pulse the cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley until fine crumbs.
Step 3: Whisk the milk and eggs.
Step 4: Mix the cheese/cracker mixture.
Step 5: In the egg mixture, dip each piece of chicken. Then, coat in the cracker mixture and dredge in the crumbs, pressing gently to coat.
Step 6: Thinly spray the chicken with cooking spray and arrange them in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then, tent the chicken with foil and bake for 10 minutes more until crispy and golden brown.
Step 7: To make the sauce, heat the butter and chicken soup. Add milk until your sauce reaches your preferred consistency.
Step 8: Pour the sauce on top of the crispy cheddar chicken and serve.
Can I make this in the Air Fryer?
Yes! Grease the Air Fryer basket and arrange the coated chicken, leaving enough space in between the pieces so they are not touching. Set to cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Flip the chicken tenders and cook for 5 to 8 minutes more.
What to serve with crispy cheddar chicken?
I love to pair them with mashed potatoes. You can also serve this crispy cheddar chicken with your favorite vegetable side dishes for a lighter meal.
Super Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders or breasts
- 2 sleeves butter crackers such as Ritz
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Milk as needed
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the chicken breasts into about 2 to 3 large pieces.
- In a food processor, place the cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Pulse until fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and eggs.
- Mix the cheese/cracker mixture in a separate bowl.
- In the egg mixture, dip each piece of chicken. Coat in the cracker mix and dredge in the crumbs, gently pressing to coat.
- Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray, then arrange them into the prepared baking pan. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Cover and bake for 10 minutes more until the chicken pieces are crispy and golden brown.
- To make the sauce, heat the butter and chicken soup. Add in the milk until the sauce has reached your desired consistency.