Seriously easy to put together, creamy, and crunchy!
This casserole is a definition of crunchy, creamy, and comfort. A crazy delicious casserole topped with crunchy fried onion with a creamy noodle base. This casserole is one of the easiest and most delicious casseroles. To prep this casserole, you just have to combine a couple of ingredients.
This recipe is great to use leftover chicken. The remaining ingredients I’m sure you already have the on hand. This is a no-fuss casserole you can make easily and in an instant!
What You Need To Make This Chicken Crunch Casserole
- Cooked and shredded chicken
- Egg noodles
- Sour cream
- Cream of chicken soup
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese
- French fried onions
How To Make Chicken Crunch Casserole
Step 1: Begin by cooking the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the noodles once done and place them in a large bowl.
Step 2: To the noodles, add the chicken, then the sour cream, soup, garlic powder, and cheese. Mix well.
Step 3: Transfer the mixture to a greased 10-inch square baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F until the casserole is golden brown and bubbly.
Step 4: On top, scatter the fried onions. Continue baking for another 5 to 10 minutes until browned.
Step 5: For 5 minutes, allow the casserole to cool before serving.
Can I freeze this casserole?
Absolutely! Let the baked casserole cool completely, then store it in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This can also be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Can I add vegetables to this casserole?
Yes! Try adding green beans, corn, or carrots.
Creamy and Crunchy Chicken Crunch Casserole
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 c. chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10.5 ounces
- 1 1/2 c. French fried onions
- 1 c. cheddar cheese grated and divided
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 10-inch square baking dish. Grease with nonstick spray and set aside.
- According to the package directions, cook the noodles. Drain the noodles when done and place them in a large bowl.
- To the noodles, add the chicken, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, and cheese. Mix well.
- Into the prepared baking dish, transfer the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F until bubbly and golden brown.
- Top the casserole with the fried onions. Continue baking the casserole for another 5 to 10 minutes until browned.
- For about 5 minutes, allow the casserole to cool, then serve.