Crack Chicken Casserole – This Crack Chicken Casserole recipe is a crowd-pleaser that you don’t want to miss! It’s an incredibly delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines the perfect amount of creamy and cheesy flavors, with a crunchy topping that will make your taste buds dance. It’s a comfort food that will satisfy any craving and bring your family together around the dinner table. You won’t be able to resist this mouth-watering casserole!
This Crack Chicken Casserole recipe has become a staple in my household, and it’s all thanks to my husband’s obsession with it! The first time I made it, he couldn’t stop raving about how amazing it was. From then on, it’s been a regular in our weekly meal plan. It’s also a recipe that I love to share with friends and family because it’s easy to make, and it’s always a hit. I even brought it to a potluck once, and people were begging for the recipe! Trust me; once you try it, you won’t be able to get enough of this Crack Chicken Casserole.
Why This Crack Chicken Casserole is Worth Making?
This casserole is packed with flavors and textures that will make you fall in love with it. Here are some reasons why you should give it a try:
- The combination of Ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream creates a creamy and tangy base that’s irresistible.
- The addition of chopped cooked bacon gives the casserole a smoky and salty flavor that pairs perfectly with the creaminess.
- The crunchy topping made of crushed Ritz crackers and butter adds a delightful texture to the dish.
- It’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken and turn it into a new and exciting meal.
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken (900 g)
- 1 (1-oz) package Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (28 g)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (170 g)
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon (113 g)
- 1½ cups sour cream (360 g)
- 1 (10.5-oz) can cream of chicken soup (298 g)
- 1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers (128 g)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted (56.7 g)
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, Ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cooked bacon, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.
Spread the chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken.
Bake the casserole uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until it’s heated through and the topping is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can use any cooked chicken for this recipe, such as rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken.
- For a lighter version, you can use reduced-fat sour cream and cream of chicken soup.
- You can also substitute the Ritz crackers with crushed cornflakes or panko breadcrumbs for a different texture.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to serve a larger crowd.
This Crack Chicken Casserole is the ultimate comfort food that is both easy to make and incredibly delicious. The combination of juicy chicken, savory bacon, tangy ranch seasoning, and creamy cheese makes this casserole a family favorite. It’s a perfect dish to make for a cozy dinner or a potluck gathering, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With simple ingredients and easy preparation, this recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves a hearty and flavorful casserole. Give it a try and enjoy the ultimate comfort food experience!
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! You can assemble the casserole up to one day ahead of time, cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Just be sure to add an additional 10-15 minutes to the baking time since the casserole will be cold from the fridge.
What can I serve with Crack Chicken Casserole?
This casserole is delicious on its own, but you can serve it with a side salad, roasted vegetables, or garlic bread to round out the meal.
Can I freeze the Crack Chicken Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this casserole. Prepare the casserole according to the instructions, but do not bake it. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to bake, thaw the casserole overnight in the refrigerator, and bake it according to the instructions.
What can I substitute for cream of chicken soup?
You can substitute cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup for the cream of chicken soup, or you can make your own homemade cream of chicken soup.
Can I use turkey instead of chicken in this recipe?
Yes, you can use cooked chopped turkey in place of the chicken in this recipe.
Crack Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken 900 g
- 1 1-oz package Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (28 g)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese 170 g
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon 113 g
- 1½ cups sour cream 360 g
- 1 10.5-oz can cream of chicken soup (298 g)
- 1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers 128 g
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted (56.7 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, Ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cooked bacon, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.
- Spread the chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until it's heated through and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.