Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad – Indulge in the refreshing flavors of our Fresh and Tangy Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad. This vibrant salad is a delightful combination of crisp cucumbers, juicy cherry tomatoes, and tangy red onions, dressed in a zesty vinaigrette. It’s the perfect side dish for any occasion, bringing a burst of freshness to your table. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and elevate your salad game with this easy and flavorful recipe.
In our household, this Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad has become a beloved staple. It all started one sunny afternoon when my husband, John, and I were hosting a small family gathering. I wanted to create a salad that would impress our guests while complementing the main course. I stumbled upon this recipe and decided to give it a try. Little did I know that it would become an instant hit! From that day forward, this salad has graced our table countless times, becoming a cherished favorite among our loved ones. Its vibrant colors, refreshing crunch, and tangy flavors never fail to put smiles on our faces and make any meal feel like a special occasion.
Why This Recipe Shines?
- Crisp and Refreshing: This salad offers a satisfying crunch from the fresh cucumbers, balanced with the burst of juiciness from the cherry tomatoes. It’s like taking a bite of summer!
- Tangy and Zesty: The red onions add a delightful tanginess to the salad, while the vinaigrette made with vinegar and oil brings a zesty and vibrant kick to every mouthful.
- Simple Ingredients, Stunning Results: With just a handful of common ingredients, this recipe transforms humble cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions into a vibrant and irresistible salad that will impress your guests.
- Versatile and Customizable: Feel free to play with the ingredients and adapt the salad to your liking. You can add fresh herbs like mint or parsley, sprinkle some crumbled feta cheese for a tangy twist, or even toss in some olives for an extra burst of flavor.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced (about 400g or 0.88 lb.)
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- ½ pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 80ml (⅓ cup) white vinegar
- 60ml (¼ cup) oil
- 160ml (⅔ cup) water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Begin by cutting the cherry tomatoes in half and slicing the red onion into rings.
Peel the cucumbers and slice them into rounds. If desired, you can further cut each slice into quarters for bite-sized pieces.
In a bowl, combine water, vinegar, and oil to create the tangy vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the vinaigrette over the cucumber, tomato, and onion mixture.
Stir well to ensure the dressing coats all the ingredients and flavors meld together.
Refrigerate the salad for up to an hour to allow the flavors to marry and develop.
When ready to serve, give the salad a final toss to recombine the ingredients and enhance the freshness.
Enjoy this delightful Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad as a refreshing side dish or a light and healthy snack.
- For added freshness, you can refrigerate the salad overnight. However, keep in mind that the cucumbers may become softer over time.
- Feel free to adjust the sweetness of the vinaigrette by adding more or less sugar, depending on your preference.
- Experiment with different varieties of tomatoes, such as heirloom or grape tomatoes, to add visual appeal and unique flavors to the salad.
In conclusion, our Fresh and Tangy Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad is a simple yet sensational recipe that brings a burst of freshness to any meal. With its crisp cucumbers, juicy cherry tomatoes, and tangy red onions, this salad is a refreshing and vibrant addition to your table. Whether you’re looking for a light and healthy snack, a side dish to complement your main course, or a dish to impress your guests, this salad delivers on all fronts.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity and versatility. With just a handful of common ingredients and a tangy vinaigrette, you can transform humble vegetables into a mouthwatering salad that will leave everyone craving for more. Plus, you have the freedom to customize and experiment with additional ingredients, making it uniquely yours.
So, why not treat yourself and your loved ones to this delightful Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad? Indulge in the crisp textures, vibrant flavors, and the joy it brings to your taste buds. Whether it becomes a beloved staple in your household, like it has in mine, or a go-to recipe for gatherings, this salad is sure to become a favorite.
Prepare it ahead of time, refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld together, and enjoy the refreshing goodness whenever you desire. So, grab your ingredients, get chopping, and elevate your salad game with this irresistible recipe. Your taste buds will thank you, and your guests will be asking for seconds. Cheers to fresh and flavorful salads that bring joy to every bite!
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
Absolutely! In fact, this salad tastes even better when it has time to marinate in the fridge. Prepare it a few hours or even a day in advance, and the flavors will deepen and meld together.
Can I use different types of vinegar?
Yes, you can experiment with different types of vinegar, such as apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar, to add a unique flavor profile to the salad. Adjust the amount according to your taste preferences.
Can I add other ingredients to the salad?
Absolutely! This recipe serves as a delicious base, and you can get creative by adding ingredients like fresh herbs (such as mint or parsley), crumbled feta cheese, olives, or even a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a hint of spice.
Can I make a larger batch for a crowd?
Definitely! Simply double or triple the ingredients to suit the number of guests you’re serving. It’s a fantastic salad for gatherings and potlucks.
How long can I store the leftovers?
If stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the leftovers can be enjoyed for up to 2-3 days. However, keep in mind that the cucumbers may become softer over time.
Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad
- 2 cucumbers peeled and sliced (about 400g or 0.88 lb.)
- 1 red onion sliced into rings
- ½ pint of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 80 ml ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 60 ml ¼ cup oil
- 160 ml ⅔ cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by cutting the cherry tomatoes in half and slicing the red onion into rings.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them into rounds. If desired, you can further cut each slice into quarters for bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine water, vinegar, and oil to create the tangy vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the cucumber, tomato, and onion mixture.
- Stir well to ensure the dressing coats all the ingredients and flavors meld together.
- Refrigerate the salad for up to an hour to allow the flavors to marry and develop.
- When ready to serve, give the salad a final toss to recombine the ingredients and enhance the freshness.
- Enjoy this delightful Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad as a refreshing side dish or a light and healthy snack.