These 30-minute cheesy chicken fritters are a delicious keto meal. Tender, super delish, and one of the easiest chicken recipes out there!
The perfect recipe for meal planning!
These healthy and keto chicken fritters are excellent for meal panning. Place the chicken patties in airtight containers and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Important note: If planning on serving these chicken fritters with a side dish (such as greens or chopped salad, or with dressing), make sure not to mix them until just before serving.
What You Need To Make These Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Olive oil
- Skinless boneless chicken breast
- Medium eggs
- Almond flour
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
How To Make Cheesy Chicken Fritters
Step 1: Into very small pieces, chop the chicken.
Step 2: To the chicken, add the eggs, almond flour, and shredded mozzarella. Add the flavorings like fresh chopped herbs, dried herbs, garlic, chili, salt & pepper, or any of your favorite other seasonings. Combine the ingredients.
At this point, you can make the fritters right away or keep the mixture in the fridge until ready to cook.
Can I substitute other ingredients?
Yes, you can! You can use any shredded cheese instead of mozzarellas like cheddar, Gouda, or provolone.
When it comes to spices, the possibilities are endless! Adjust to taste. These are some of my favorites:
- Italian mix
- smoked paprika
- dried oregano
- ground cumin
You can even replace the chicken with turkey if desired! Ground meat or chopped skinless breasts or thighs are also great options.
What to serve with these chicken fritters?
I love serving these chicken fritters with a green salad or chopped salad. These are also excellent to pair with grilled or roasted non-starchy veggies, roasted cauliflower, or Roasted aubergines.
Easy Keto Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- 2 medium eggs
- 1.5 pound skinless boneless chicken breast 700 grams
- 1/3 c. almond flour 40 grams
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese 110 grams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or more to fry
- a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- On a chopping board, place the chicken. Chop the chicken into small chunks using a sharp knife, then place the chicken into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil on medium-low heat. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the chicken mixture and place them in the pan. You can also use a large spoon. To make a fritter, slightly flatten the chicken mixture.
- Cook the fritters in batches to prevent the pan from overcrowding. Fry for about 6 to 8 minutes until both sides of the fritters are golden brown. Make sure to cook over medium-low heat to prevent the fritters from burning and the inside from getting un-cooked.
- Serve the fritters right away with your preferred dip.