Delmonico Potatoes are one of a staple at home. Super easy and quick to make using a package of frozen shredded hash browns or leftover potatoes or freshly cooked and diced potatoes.
I have seen versions of Delmonico Potatoes, but this recipe is my favorite! I have no idea if this recipe is the original or real Delmonico Potatoes recipe, but I am pretty sure that this guarantee the best results.
Oh-so-cheesy and excellent to serve for family dinners or any special occasions.
What You Need To Make This Delmonico Potatoes
- Frozen shredded hash browns
- Heavy cream
- Dry mustard
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Black pepper
- Sharp cheddar cheese
How To Make Delmonico Potatoes
Step 1: Into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish, evenly spread out the potatoes.
Step 2: Heat the milk, heavy cream, dry mustard, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper in a large saucepan on medium-low heat. Add the cheese and stir constantly until the cheese has melted.
Step 3: Over the potatoes, pour the cheese mixture, then bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F, covered, until the edges are golden brown.
What to serve with Delmonico Potatoes?
Great to pair as a side dish with pork chops, baked chicken, ham, grilled steak, or your favorite veggies.
Can I make a double batch of this recipe?
For a double batch, make this in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and slightly increase the baking time.
Delmonico Potatoes - The Perfect cheesy Side Dish
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 (32 ounces) package of frozen shredded hash browns thawed
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 4 c. sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Into the bottom of the greased baking dish, evenly spread out the potatoes. Set aside.
- Combine the milk, heavy cream, dry mustard, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper in a large saucepan. Heat on medium-low heat, then add the cheese. Cook while stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- On top of the potatoes, pour the cheese mixture. Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F until the edges are golden brown.