I love these perfectly healthy warm weather bites. These peanut butter banana bites covered in frozen chocolate are a delectable snack with less than 100 calories! These are great for easy snacking so make sure to keep a batch in the freezer!
Honestly, this recipe could not get easier! It’s one of my favorite summer recipes. These bites are excellent to finish any meal. Chocolate and peanut butter go together like clockwork!
Are bananas and peanut butter good for the body?
- Fruits in general are good for you. They are high in vitamins and minerals that our bodies require. They are also an excellent source of energy and carbs.
- Bananas and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. It’s an amazing combination for dessert or snacks. Peanut butter is a source of fat and protein while banana is for fiber.
Ingredients You Need To Make These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Peanut Butter: I recommend using natural peanut butter without added sugar or oils
Dark Chocolate Chips: You can also use regular chocolate chips
Coconut Oil: This thins out the chocolate and makes it way easier to dip the bananas
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Step 1: After peeling the bananas, slice them into about 1/4-inch thick rounds.
Step 2: Using parchment paper, line two plates/platters or baking sheets.
Step 3: On a slice of banana, spread the peanut butter, then top with another slice of banana. This is great if you want to make tiny banana sandwiches! Do the same with the remaining banana slices. Arrange them on the prepared plates and let them sit in the freezer to harden a little.
Step 4: Prepare the melted chocolate once the peanut butter banana bites have hardened. In a small bowl, place the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil, then microwave for a minute. After a minute, stir and microwave again for additional 30 seconds. Continue to do this until the chocolate is completely melted.
Step 5: Dip the frozen bananas into the melted chocolate so half of each bite is coated, then return to the baking sheet. Repeat dipping the remaining bites. Place them in the freezer to harden.
Important Tip: I suggest using two platters or baking dishes. Take just half of the frozen banana bites out of the freezer. Removing all the banana bites will begin to thaw. You do not want the bananas to get slippery when dipping them into the chocolate.
Can I use other nut butter in place of peanut butter?
I love peanut butter, and I always gravitate to it. But of course, you are welcome to use other nut butter such as almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter.
How to choose a banana?
Use a ripe banana. If the banana is not ripe enough, it will be tasteless. Too-ripe bananas will get mushy and will be difficult to work with.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. natural peanut butter
- Peel the bananas, then slice them into about 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- Prepare a platter or small baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- On a banana slice, spread about half a tsp of peanut butter and top with another slice to create a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining bananas. Arrange these on two parchment-lined platters or plates. Let the banana peanut butter sandwich sit in the freezer for about 1 hour to harden.
- Once the banana bites are ready, melt the chocolate. Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for a minute. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Do this until the chocolate is completely melted. About 2 minutes.
- Take one platter of the frozen banana bites out of the freezer. Into the melted chocolate, dip each banana bite, coating half of each bite.
- Return the chocolate-covered bites to the parchment-lined platter and freeze to harden. Do the same with the other platter of frozen banana bites. Let them sit in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden.
- You can already serve these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites. Or store them in a freezer-safe storage container for later. You can keep frozen for up to 1 to 2 months.
- If planning to store the banana bites longer, allow them to thaw for about 5 minutes before eating as they can get pretty hard.