One of the easiest recipes out there! This creamy cornbread casserole is excellent for the holidays or any occasion!
Super scrumptious and tastes exactly like the corn cakes we order from our favorite Mexican restaurant. To serve, use an ice cream scoop.
What You Need To Make This Cornbread Casserole
- Whole kernel corn
- Cream-style corn
- Dry cornbread mix
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
How To Make Cornbread Casserole
Step 1: Mix the corn, reserved liquid, eggs, cornbread mix, and sour cream until well blended.
Step 2: Into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan, pour the batter. On top, sprinkle the cheese.
Step 3: Bake the casserole in a 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
What to pair this cornbread casserole with?
This is a great holiday side dish excellent to serve with stuffing, turkey, or potatoes. Compliment this sweet casserole with something salty or savory. This also pairs well with chicken, pork, or beef.
- 1 can of cream-style corn 14.75 oz.
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained and 1/2 liquid reserved 15 oz.
- 1 package of dry cornbread mix 8 oz.
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. sour cream
- Prepare the oven and set it to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Lightly grease and set aside.
- Place the corn in a large mixing bowl along with the reserved liquid, eggs, cornbread mix, and sour cream. Mix well until combined, then pour the batter into the prepared pan. On top, sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven until the casserole is golden brown.