Super easy, delicious, and a kid-friendly 5-ingredient brunch dish. This Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole is a wonderful make-ahead dish that everyone will surely love.
If you are looking to come up with a brunch dish to impress your kids, this casserole will not disappoint. I’m talking about Nutella stuffed rich, custardy fluffy French toast casserole. Yum!
What You Need To Make This Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole
- White bread
- Whole milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Butter (for greasing the baking dish)
How To Make Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole
Step 1: Whisk 4 eggs, 1 1/4 c. milk, and 1 tsp vanilla extract to make the custard.
Step 2: On 8 slices of bread, spread about 2 tbsp. of Nutella.
Step 3: Into cylinder shapes, roll the bread slices.
Step 4: Grease a 7 x 11-inch (2 quarts) baking dish. In the custard, dip the Nutella rolls and arrange them in the baking dish in rows.
Step 5: Over the Nutella rolls, pour the rest of the custard.
Step 6: Let the casserole sit in the fridge until the custard has been absorbed by the bread. This takes about a few hours or overnight.
Step 7: Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 375 degrees F until golden.
How to serve Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole?
I like to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and drizzle the rolls with melted Nutella. Serve with strawberries on the side. And what is French Toast without maple syrup, right?
Can I use other sizes of baking dishes?
The perfect size of baking dish to use is 7 x 11 inches. But if you do not have this size, you can use another baking dish as long as the size is roughly 2 quarts (such as 9 x 9 inches). Simply cut the rolls to fit the shape.
If using a larger pan, adjust the ingredients accordingly. For instance, you need 1.5x the quantities for a 9 x 13-inch pan.
SUPER easy Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 ¼ c. whole milk
- butter for greasing the baking dish
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. Nutella
- Prepare an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Butter and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl to make the custard. Set aside.
- On every 8 slices of bread, spread about 2 tbsp of Nutella. Into a cigar shape, roll each piece of bread.
- Into the egg mixture, dip each bread roll. Then, arrange the rolls on the prepared baking dish, seam side down. Do this with the rest of the bread rolls, placing them in the pan side-by-side like an enchilada. Over the bread rolls, pour the rest of the custard.
- Allow the casserole to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours up to overnight until the custard has been absorbed by the bread.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees F. Once the casserole is ready, place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Right before serving, dust the casserole with some powdered sugar using a sifter and drizzle with melted Nutella. If desired, serve the casserole with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.