Scotcheroos – If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that is sure to please everyone, then you’ve come to the right place! Our Best Ever Scotcheroos recipe is a classic American treat that has been enjoyed for generations. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this dessert is a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering, a potluck, or just a sweet treat for yourself!
Whenever my family craves something sweet, our go-to recipe is always the Best Ever Scotcheroos! The first time I made these delicious treats, my husband couldn’t stop raving about how amazing they were. Now, they have become a staple in our household and are always a hit with our friends and family. Whenever we bring them to a potluck or gathering, they are always the first to go. I love how easy they are to make and how delicious they taste. I know you and your loved ones will enjoy them just as much as we do!
Why This Recipe Is the Perfect Combination of Sweet and Savory?
Our Best Ever Scotcheroos recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors that will leave you wanting more! Made with light corn syrup, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies, these bars have a crispy texture that is complemented by the rich flavors of chocolate and butterscotch chips. The recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any baking, making it a quick and convenient dessert option. Plus, with only 301 calories per serving, you can indulge in this delicious treat without any guilt!
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 1/3 cups (320ml) light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups (320g) peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups (168g) Rice Krispies
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (175g) butterscotch chips
Grease a 9×13″ pan and set aside.
In a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup over low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat immediately if you see any bubbles forming.
Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
Add the Rice Krispies, being careful not to crush them, and stir until well-combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and pat it into place.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips on high in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth.
Spread the melted chocolate and butterscotch mixture over the Rice Krispie mixture.
Allow the mixture to cool before cutting it into bars.
- To make these Scotcheroos gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free Rice Krispies.
- For a different twist, try using almond butter or cashew butter instead of peanut butter.
- To make it easier to remove the Scotcheroos from the pan, line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil before greasing.
- Store the Scotcheroos in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert, Scotcheroos are the perfect choice! With their crispy and chewy texture, peanut butter flavor, and chocolatey topping, they’re sure to become a family favorite. Plus, with only a handful of ingredients and a quick prep time, you can whip up a batch in no time. Whether you’re serving them at a party or indulging in a sweet treat at home, these Best Ever Scotcheroos are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. So why not give them a try today and see why they’re the best ever?
Can I use a different type of cereal?
You can try using a different type of cereal, but keep in mind that it may change the texture and flavor of the Scotcheroos.
Can I use natural peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter?
You can use natural peanut butter, but it may make the mixture more oily and difficult to work with.
Can I use milk chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate chips?
Yes, you can use milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips if you prefer a sweeter flavor.
Can I freeze the Scotcheroos?
Yes, you can freeze the Scotcheroos for up to 2 months. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Can I substitute butterscotch chips with something else?
You can use white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or caramel chips instead of butterscotch chips if you prefer.
- 1 cup 200g sugar
- 1 1/3 cups 320ml light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups 320g peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups 168g Rice Krispies
- 1 cup 175g chocolate chips
- 1 cup 175g butterscotch chips
- Grease a 9x13" pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup over low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat immediately if you see any bubbles forming.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add the Rice Krispies, being careful not to crush them, and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and pat it into place.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips on high in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate and butterscotch mixture over the Rice Krispie mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cool before cutting it into bars.