Korean Corn Cheese – Korean Corn Cheese is a dish that is sure to satisfy your cheesy cravings. Made with canned corn, butter, mayonnaise, and mozzarella cheese, this dish is a perfect combination of savory and creamy flavors. The melted cheese and the sweetness from the corn create a harmonious blend that will leave you wanting more.
My husband and I first tried Korean Corn Cheese at a Korean barbecue restaurant, and we immediately fell in love with it. It quickly became a staple in our household, and we would often make it as a side dish or a snack. We would enjoy it while watching our favorite TV show or as a late-night treat. The melted cheese and the sweet corn kernels would make us feel warm and cozy, and it was the perfect comfort food after a long day.
Why This Recipe is a Must-Try?
Korean Corn Cheese is a dish that you never knew you needed in your life. The combination of sweet corn kernels, creamy mayonnaise, melted cheese, and butter makes this dish a unique and delicious treat. The dish is easy to make and can be served as a snack, a side dish, or even a main course.
- Made with simple ingredients that are easy to find
- A perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors
- Can be served as a snack, side dish, or main course
- Quick and easy to make
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) corn kernels, drained (850 g)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (80 g)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (8 g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (42 g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, grated (112 g)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Set a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the drained corn, butter, mayonnaise, and sugar. Stir continuously until the butter has melted and the mayonnaise and butter have combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once the mixture is bubbling, sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese over the top.
Place the skillet under the low broiler in the oven and cook until the cheese is golden brown.
Serve garnished with sliced green onions and enjoy!
- You can use fresh corn instead of canned corn, but make sure to cook it beforehand.
- If you want a spicier version, you can add some red pepper flakes or jalapeño to the mixture.
- Make sure to watch the dish carefully under the broiler to prevent burning.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
In conclusion, Korean Corn Cheese is a delightful dish that will leave you wanting more. The combination of sweet corn, creamy mayo, and melted cheese is simply irresistible. This dish is perfect for sharing with friends and family, and it’s also a great appetizer or side dish for any occasion. Whether you’re a fan of Korean cuisine or just looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, this dish is sure to impress. So why not give it a try and discover for yourself why Korean Corn Cheese is the dish you didn’t know you needed in your life!
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Gouda.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
It’s best to serve the dish right after it’s made, but you can prepare the corn mixture in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle the cheese on top and broil it in the oven.
Is this dish vegetarian?
Yes, this dish is vegetarian as long as you use vegetarian-friendly mayonnaise.
Korean Corn Cheese
- 2 cans 15 oz. each corn kernels, drained (850 g)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise 80 g
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar 8 g
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 42 g
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese grated (112 g)
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Set a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the drained corn, butter, mayonnaise, and sugar. Stir continuously until the butter has melted and the mayonnaise and butter have combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Place the skillet under the low broiler in the oven and cook until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve garnished with sliced green onions and enjoy!