Crockpot Chicken and Gravy – Indulge in the heavenly goodness of our Crockpot Chicken and Gravy recipe, a dish that will warm your heart and tantalize your taste buds. This recipe combines tender, juicy chicken with a rich and savory gravy, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. With minimal effort and a slow cooker doing all the work, you can savor a comforting meal that will leave you craving for more. Join us on a culinary journey that brings together simplicity and deliciousness in one delightful dish.
Every family has their go-to recipe that brings them together, and for us, it’s the Crockpot Chicken and Gravy. I vividly remember the first time I made it for my husband and little family. As the aroma of simmering chicken filled our home, anticipation grew, and we couldn’t wait to dig in. The moment we took our first bite, it was love at first taste. The chicken was incredibly tender, and the velvety gravy added a burst of flavor to each mouthful.
Since that day, this recipe has become a cherished staple in our household. It’s our ultimate comfort food, bringing us warmth and satisfaction during chilly evenings or whenever we need a pick-me-up. Whether it’s a busy weeknight or a lazy Sunday, this dish never fails to bring smiles to our faces. It’s not just a recipe; it’s a beautiful memory that we continue to create and cherish together.
Why This Chicken and Gravy Recipe Will Win You Over?
- Unparalleled Simplicity: With just a handful of ingredients and a slow cooker, you can effortlessly create a comforting meal that tastes like it took hours to prepare.
- Tender and Juicy Chicken: The boneless, skinless chicken breasts turn out incredibly tender, melting in your mouth with every bite.
- Rich and Savory Gravy: The combination of cream of chicken soup and chicken gravy mix results in a luscious gravy that perfectly complements the chicken.
- Versatile Serving Options: Serve this delectable chicken and gravy over hot steamed rice for a classic pairing. You can also get creative and pair it with mashed potatoes, pasta, or even buttery biscuits.
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1.5 to 2 pounds / 680 to 907 grams)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces / 305 grams) cream of chicken soup
- 2 envelopes (0.87 ounces / 24.7 grams each) of chicken gravy mix
- ½ cup (120 ml) water or chicken broth, optional
- Hot steamed rice for serving
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, if desired, and place them in the slow cooker.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, chicken gravy mix, and water (or chicken broth). Pour this mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Cover the crock-pot and cook on low heat for approximately 4-6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
Once cooked, break the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized pieces using a fork. This will ensure that every spoonful is filled with tender chicken goodness.
Serve the chicken and gravy over hot steamed rice, allowing the flavors to meld together into a comforting, satisfying meal.
- For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding your favorite herbs and spices to the chicken and gravy mixture. Experiment with ingredients like garlic powder, thyme, or paprika to tailor the dish to your taste.
- If you prefer a thicker gravy, you can reduce the amount of water or chicken broth in the recipe. Alternatively, if you like a thinner consistency, add a bit more liquid to achieve the desired texture.
- This recipe works well with bone-in chicken as well. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as bone-in chicken may take slightly longer to cook through.
- To make the dish more nutritious, you can add some vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms or diced onions, to the slow cooker along with the chicken. They will absorb the delicious flavors and complement the dish beautifully.
Indulge in the comforting flavors of our Crockpot Chicken and Gravy recipe and experience a meal that is both incredibly delicious and delightfully easy to prepare. With its tender chicken, savory gravy, and the convenience of slow cooking, this dish has all the makings of a family favorite.
As the aroma fills your kitchen and your taste buds dance with joy, you’ll appreciate the simplicity of the ingredients and the incredible depth of flavor they create. Whether you’re cooking for your loved ones or simply treating yourself to a cozy evening in, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings for a hearty and soul-warming meal.
So, grab your slow cooker and let it work its magic as you go about your day. Come back to a perfectly cooked chicken and gravy ensemble, ready to be savored over a bed of steaming rice. Share this delightful dish with your family, creating memories and moments that will be cherished for years to come.
Discover the joy of effortless cooking and the satisfaction of a delicious homemade meal with our Crockpot Chicken and Gravy recipe. It’s a testament to the beauty of simple ingredients and the joy they can bring when combined with love and care. So, gather around the table, take a bite, and savor every flavorful moment. Bon appétit!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?
Absolutely! You can use frozen chicken breasts, but keep in mind that the cooking time will be slightly longer. Make sure the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) before serving.
Can I substitute the cream of chicken soup with a different soup?
While cream of chicken soup adds a rich and creamy texture to the dish, you can experiment with other cream-based soups such as cream of mushroom or cream of celery for a different flavor profile.
Can I double or halve the recipe?
Yes, you can easily adjust the recipe to suit your needs. If you’re doubling the recipe, make sure to use a larger slow cooker and adjust the cooking time accordingly. If halving the recipe, reduce the ingredients proportionately and keep an eye on the cooking time, as it may be slightly shorter.
Can I use homemade gravy instead of the packaged mix?
Absolutely! If you prefer homemade gravy, you can substitute the packaged mix with an equal amount of your own homemade gravy. Just make sure it has a similar consistency and flavor to achieve the desired results.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover chicken and gravy for future meals. Allow it to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container or freezer bags. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts approximately 1.5 to 2 pounds / 680 to 907 grams
- 1 can 10.75 ounces / 305 grams cream of chicken soup
- 2 envelopes 0.87 ounces / 24.7 grams each of chicken gravy mix
- ½ cup 120 ml water or chicken broth, optional
- Hot steamed rice for serving
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, if desired, and place them in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, chicken gravy mix, and water (or chicken broth). Pour this mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover the crock-pot and cook on low heat for approximately 4-6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Once cooked, break the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized pieces using a fork. This will ensure that every spoonful is filled with tender chicken goodness.
- Serve the chicken and gravy over hot steamed rice, allowing the flavors to meld together into a comforting, satisfying meal.