CrockPot Beef and Broccoli – Indulge in the tantalizing flavors of our CrockPot Beef and Broccoli recipe! This delectable dish combines tender slices of beef, vibrant broccoli florets, and a savory sauce that will leave your taste buds craving for more. With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can effortlessly create a wholesome and flavorful meal that is sure to impress. Join us on a culinary adventure as we dive into the enticing world of this beloved recipe.
Picture this: It’s a cozy evening, and the aroma of simmering beef and broccoli fills your home. As you gather around the dinner table with your loved ones, you reminisce about the first time you prepared this magical dish. It quickly became a family favorite, loved by both your husband and your little ones. The succulent beef, bathed in a rich soy sauce and brown sugar marinade, practically melts in your mouth. Every bite is a burst of flavor, complemented by the vibrant green broccoli. This recipe has become a symbol of love and togetherness, bringing warmth and joy to your family gatherings. Now, it’s time to share this treasured recipe with you, so you can experience the same delight and create your own beautiful memories.
Why This Recipe Will Win Your Heart?
- The combination of tender sirloin steak or beef chuck roast with the vibrant broccoli creates a delightful contrast of textures, making each bite a satisfying experience.
- The slow cooker method ensures that the beef becomes incredibly tender and infused with the savory flavors of the sauce.
- The sauce, made with a blend of soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic, adds a perfect balance of sweetness and umami.
- With minimal prep time, you can enjoy a homemade meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Serve it over a bed of fluffy white rice to complete the dish and soak up the delicious sauce.
- 2 pounds (900g) sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (240ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (120ml) low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons (32g) cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) water
- 1 bag (12 ounces/340g) frozen broccoli florets
- Cooked white rice (optional), for serving
In a slow cooker, whisk together the soy sauce, beef broth, sesame oil, brown sugar, and minced garlic until well combined.
Add the sliced beef to the slow cooker and toss gently to coat it with the sauce.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to low heat. Cook for approximately 5-6 hours, or until the beef is tender to your liking.
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker, along with the frozen broccoli florets. Continue cooking on low for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the broccoli is cooked to your desired tenderness.
Before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings according to your preference.
Serve the CrockPot Beef and Broccoli over a bed of cooked white rice, if desired. The fluffy rice will soak up the flavorful sauce and enhance the overall experience.
- For a healthier option, you can substitute the brown sugar with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Feel free to add additional vegetables such as bell peppers or carrots to customize the dish.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, increase the amount of cornstarch and water mixture accordingly.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in a skillet or microwave, adding a splash of water or beef broth if needed to revive the flavors.
In conclusion, the CrockPot Beef and Broccoli recipe is a culinary masterpiece that brings together the perfect balance of flavors and textures. With tender slices of beef, vibrant broccoli florets, and a savory sauce that will leave you wanting more, this dish is a true delight for the senses. Whether it’s a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends, this recipe is sure to impress and create lasting memories. The convenience of the slow cooker allows you to enjoy a homemade meal without the hassle, while the incredible taste and aroma will transport you to a world of culinary bliss. So why wait? Gather your ingredients, set up your slow cooker, and embark on a flavorful journey with our irresistible CrockPot Beef and Broccoli recipe. Your taste buds will thank you, and your loved ones will be begging for seconds!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen beef instead of fresh?
It’s best to use fresh beef for this recipe to ensure optimal texture and flavor. Frozen beef tends to release more liquid during cooking, which may affect the overall consistency of the dish.
Can I use chicken instead of beef?
While this recipe is specifically designed for beef, you can certainly experiment with chicken as a substitute. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken typically cooks faster than beef.
Can I use fresh broccoli instead of frozen?
Absolutely! Fresh broccoli can be used instead of frozen. Simply adjust the cooking time to ensure the broccoli reaches the desired tenderness.
Can I make this recipe on the stovetop instead of using a slow cooker?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for stovetop cooking. Sear the beef in a hot skillet before adding the sauce ingredients. Simmer on low heat until the beef is tender, then add the broccoli and continue cooking until it’s cooked to your liking.
Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe can be easily doubled to accommodate larger gatherings or to have leftovers for future meals. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly, keeping an eye on the tenderness of the beef.
CrockPot Beef and Broccoli
- 2 pounds 900g sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 240ml beef broth
- 1/2 cup 120ml low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup 50g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 15ml sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons 32g cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons 60ml water
- 1 bag 12 ounces/340g frozen broccoli florets
- Cooked white rice optional, for serving
- In a slow cooker, whisk together the soy sauce, beef broth, sesame oil, brown sugar, and minced garlic until well combined.
- Add the sliced beef to the slow cooker and toss gently to coat it with the sauce.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to low heat. Cook for approximately 5-6 hours, or until the beef is tender to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker, along with the frozen broccoli florets. Continue cooking on low for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the broccoli is cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings according to your preference.
- Serve the CrockPot Beef and Broccoli over a bed of cooked white rice, if desired. The fluffy rice will soak up the flavorful sauce and enhance the overall experience.