Copycat Mexican Pizza – Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure with our Copycat Mexican Pizza Recipe. This mouthwatering dish brings the vibrant flavors of Mexican cuisine straight to your kitchen. What sets this recipe apart is the perfect combination of savory ground beef, creamy refried beans, zesty enchilada sauce, and a generous sprinkling of cheese. It’s a fiesta of flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Don’t miss out on this delectable creation that’s sure to become a family favorite!
Let me share a little secret with you about this Copycat Mexican Pizza Recipe. It has become a beloved staple in our household, loved by my husband and our little family. Every time I make it, the enticing aroma fills our home, drawing everyone to the kitchen with eager anticipation. The first bite takes us back to our memorable trips to Mexico, where we discovered the original Mexican pizza that inspired this recipe.
It all started during one of our vacations, when we stumbled upon a small local eatery. We decided to give their Mexican pizza a try, and oh boy, were we blown away! The combination of flavors, the melty cheese, and the crispy tortilla crust created a culinary masterpiece. We instantly fell in love and knew we had to recreate this delightful dish at home.
After several experiments and taste tests, we finally nailed the recipe. Now, our Copycat Mexican Pizza has become a go-to meal for family gatherings, game nights, and lazy weekends. The joy it brings to our table is priceless, and I’m thrilled to share this recipe with you.
Why This Recipe Is So Special – A Flavor Fiesta Worth Savoring!
- Authentic Mexican Flavors: Our Copycat Mexican Pizza captures the authentic essence of Mexican cuisine, blending spices, cheese, and sauces for a taste experience like no other.
- Layers of Deliciousness: The recipe features layers of goodness, starting with a crispy flour tortilla crust, followed by savory ground beef, creamy refried beans, and a generous helping of Old El Paso Shredded Cheese Mexican Taco Blend.
- Zesty Enchilada Sauce: The crowning glory of this pizza is the red enchilada sauce, which adds a tangy and slightly spicy kick, tying all the flavors together.
- Toppings Galore: Finish off your Mexican pizza with freshly chopped tomatoes, vibrant cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream. These garnishes add freshness and a delightful burst of flavor.
- 450 grams (1 lb.) ground beef, cooked and drained
- 14 grams (1/2 oz.) taco seasoning (approximately half a standard 1 oz. packet)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 240 grams (1 cup) refried beans
- 113 grams (1 cup) Old El Paso Shredded Cheese Mexican Taco Blend
- 240 grams (1 cup) red enchilada sauce
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) tomatoes, chopped
- Cilantro and sour cream for garnish
In a skillet, cook the ground beef with taco seasoning until browned. Drain and set aside.
Heat the tortillas on a flat plate or skillet, flipping as needed, until each side starts to crisp up and brown slightly.
On a pizza stone or non-stick baking sheet, layer one tortilla, spread refried beans, sprinkle cheese, and top with the cooked ground beef.
Place another tortilla on top.
Spread 3-4 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the tortilla, leaving about 1/2″ of space around the edge.
Sprinkle more cheese on top, again leaving a 1/2″ space around the edge.
Place the pizza in the broiler for 2 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through for even cooking.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Feel free to customize your Mexican pizza by adding additional toppings such as sliced jalapeños, black olives, or diced bell peppers.
- If you prefer a spicier version, add some crushed red pepper flakes or a drizzle of hot sauce.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute the ground beef with plant-based meat alternatives or sautéed vegetables.
- This recipe is perfect for sharing, so invite your friends and family over to enjoy this fiesta of flavors together.
In conclusion, our Copycat Mexican Pizza Recipe is a culinary delight that brings the vibrant and irresistible flavors of Mexico right to your table. With its layers of savory ground beef, creamy refried beans, zesty enchilada sauce, and melty cheese, every bite is a fiesta of flavors that will have you coming back for more. This recipe has become a beloved staple in our household, cherished by my husband, our little family, and everyone who has had the pleasure of trying it.
By recreating the magic of the original Mexican pizza we discovered during our travels, we’ve crafted a recipe that captures the essence of authentic Mexican cuisine. The crispy tortilla crust, the medley of spices, and the fresh garnishes of tomatoes, cilantro, and sour cream create a harmonious symphony of taste and texture.
Whether you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing meal for family gatherings, a flavorful option for game nights, or simply a delicious and satisfying treat for yourself, our Copycat Mexican Pizza won’t disappoint. It’s a recipe that invites you to explore the rich and diverse flavors of Mexico while creating memories around the dinner table.
So, why wait? Gather the ingredients, put on some lively music, and embark on a culinary journey that will transport you to the colorful streets of Mexico. Indulge in the joy of creating a homemade Mexican pizza that will wow your taste buds and leave you with a satisfied smile. Enjoy the experience of savoring every delicious bite and sharing this delightful recipe with your loved ones. ¡Buen provecho y disfruta!
Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas?
Absolutely! Corn tortillas can be a delicious alternative if you prefer their flavor and texture.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While the pizza is best enjoyed fresh, you can partially prepare the components in advance and assemble the pizza just before baking. This way, you can save time without compromising on taste.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover Mexican pizza. Ensure it is properly wrapped or stored in an airtight container to maintain its flavor and texture. To reheat, simply place it in the oven until heated through.
Can I make this recipe healthier?
Absolutely! You can make some substitutions to create a healthier version of this recipe. Use lean ground beef or opt for ground turkey or chicken. You can also choose low-fat cheese options or reduce the amount of cheese used. Adding more veggies like bell peppers or spinach can also boost the nutritional value.
Copycat Mexican Pizza
- 450 grams 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 14 grams 1/2 oz. taco seasoning (approximately half a standard 1 oz. packet)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 240 grams 1 cup refried beans
- 113 grams 1 cup Old El Paso Shredded Cheese Mexican Taco Blend
- 240 grams 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 75 grams 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Cilantro and sour cream for garnish
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef with taco seasoning until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas on a flat plate or skillet, flipping as needed, until each side starts to crisp up and brown slightly.
- On a pizza stone or non-stick baking sheet, layer one tortilla, spread refried beans, sprinkle cheese, and top with the cooked ground beef.
- Place another tortilla on top.
- Spread 3-4 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the tortilla, leaving about 1/2" of space around the edge.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top, again leaving a 1/2" space around the edge.
- Place the pizza in the broiler for 2 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through for even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.