Enjoy both worlds with these decadent, rich Fudgy Brownie Cookies! You’ll be getting two of your favorites (cookie and brownie) in one bite of this cookie, and I’m sure you’ll be obsessed!
You do not have to choose anymore. With these tasty intense chocolate flavor cookies, you’ll have a brownie and a cookie in one bite. Thin cookies that are fudgy inside with a crackly top. This fudgy brownie cookie recipe is everything you need!
For a double chocolate hit, the cookie batter is made with a mixture of melted chocolate and cocoa powder.
Ingredients You Need To Make These Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Dark chocolate block
- Brown sugar
- Caster sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Plain flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
How To Make Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Step 1: Microwave the chopped butter and chocolate for a minute on high power. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds more. Stir well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. If needed, microwave in 10 seconds bursts to melt the chocolate completely.
Step 2: To the melted chocolate, mix the sugars, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
Step 3: Next, add the flour along with the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined. At this point, the mixture should be thick and runny like a brownie batter.
Step 4: Onto greased and lined baking trays, place a large tablespoon of the mixture, forming it into a rough circle. Make sure to leave about 3 cm. or 1-inch space between each cookie. You can leave the batter for 10 minutes in the bowl if the batter is too runny. This will give the batter time to firm up.
Step 5: Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F until the top is crackly. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the tray before shifting them to a wire rack to cool fully.
How to store these cookies?
Place the cookies in an airtight container and keep them un-refrigerated for up to 7 days.
Can I swap the ingredients?
Yes! You can use 200 grams (8 ounces/1 heaped cup) of dark chocolate chips in place of 200 grams (8 ounces) of chopped dark chocolate. Although, I would not recommend using milk chocolate as the cookies will be overly sweet.
What can I do if my batter is runny?
Before scooping the batter onto the prepared trays, let the batter sit in the bowl for 10 minutes to firm up.
Delicious Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- 200 grams (8 ounces) dark chocolate block roughly chopped
- 125 grams (4.5 ounces/½ c.) of unsalted butter roughly chopped
- 1 c. brown sugar lightly packed
- ½ c. caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ c. plain flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Set the oven to 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F. Using baking paper, line two large baking trays, and grease.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, place the chopped butter and chocolate. Heat the chocolate in the microwave for a minute on high power. Stir and heat for additional 30 seconds. Stir again until the chocolate is completely melted. As needed, microwave in 10-second bursts to fully melt the chocolate.
- Mix the sugars, eggs, and vanilla with the melted chocolate until blended.
- To the chocolate mixture, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until blended and the batter is thick and runny like a brownie batter.
- Onto the prepared tray, place a large tablespoon of the mixture, forming it into a rough circle. Place each cookie dough at least 3 cm or 1 inch apart to allow spreading.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until crackly on top. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the tray. Then, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to fully cool.