Pecan Cream Pie – Get ready to indulge in a slice of pure bliss with our Pecan Cream Pie recipe. This delightful dessert combines the richness of cream cheese, the sweetness of maple syrup, and the irresistible crunch of pecans, all nestled in a buttery pie crust. Perfect for any occasion, this pie is sure to become the star of your dessert table. Let’s dive into the story behind this delectable creation!
Every family has that one recipe that becomes an instant favorite, passed down through generations and bringing joy to everyone who tastes it. In our household, the Pecan Cream Pie has become a true staple and a symbol of love. I vividly remember the first time I made it for my husband, who is an absolute pie connoisseur. With the first bite, his eyes widened, and a blissful smile formed on his face. From that moment, this pie became a non-negotiable part of our family gatherings. It has seen us through birthdays, anniversaries, and even ordinary days when we simply craved a slice of heaven on our plates. Today, I’m excited to share this cherished recipe with you, hoping it will become a beloved dessert in your household as well.
Why This Pie Will Make You Swoon?
- Creamy Dreamy: The combination of cream cheese and whipped cream creates a luscious, velvety filling that melts in your mouth.
- Maple Magic: Pure maple syrup adds a delightful sweetness and a hint of caramel-like flavor, taking this pie to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- Pecan Paradise: Finely chopped pecans provide a satisfying crunch and a rich, nutty taste, complementing the creamy filling perfectly.
- Easy as Pie: With a pre-made pie crust and straightforward instructions, this recipe is a breeze to make, even for novice bakers.
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 240 grams (8.5 oz.) heavy whipping cream
- 40 grams (1.4 oz.) powdered sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 100 grams (3.5 oz.) light brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
- 180 grams (6.3 oz.) pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blind bake the pie crust according to the package directions. Allow it to cool completely while you prepare the filling.
In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, salt, and maple syrup until smooth and creamy.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined. Stir in 140 grams (5 oz.) of the finely chopped pecans.
Spread the heavenly mixture into the cooled pie crust, ensuring an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 40 grams (1.4 oz.) of pecans on top as a delightful garnish.
Place the pie in the refrigerator and let it chill until firm, at least 2 hours or preferably overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
Slice, serve, and savor every moment as you experience the creamy indulgence and the delightful crunch of the pecans.
- You can make the pie crust from scratch if desired, but using a pre-made crust saves time without compromising on taste.
- For a twist, you can drizzle some extra maple syrup on top of the pie or add a dollop of whipped cream as a finishing touch.
- This pie is best enjoyed chilled, but you can also serve it at room temperature if preferred.
- Feel free to experiment with different nut varieties, such as walnuts or almonds, for a unique twist on this classic dessert.
In conclusion, the Pecan Cream Pie is a dessert that embodies pure decadence and captures the essence of indulgence. With its creamy filling, delicate sweetness from the maple syrup, and the delightful crunch of pecans, this pie is a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you’re planning a special occasion or simply want to treat yourself to a slice of heavenly goodness, this recipe is your ticket to dessert paradise. It’s a testament to the power of simple ingredients coming together to create something truly extraordinary.
So, gather your loved ones around the table, serve up a generous slice of Pecan Cream Pie, and watch as their faces light up with sheer delight. Share in the joy, laughter, and love that this dessert has brought to countless homes, just like it has to mine.
Remember, each bite tells a story—a story of family traditions, of cherished memories, and of the simple pleasures that make life truly sweet. So, go ahead, take a leap into the world of Pecan Cream Pie and create your own chapter in this delicious tale.
Indulge, savor, and let the Pecan Cream Pie become a cherished part of your own culinary journey. It’s time to treat yourself to a slice of pure delight and experience the magic of this irresistible dessert. Happy baking, and may every bite bring you closer to dessert bliss!
Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?
Absolutely! While pecans lend a delightful flavor, you can substitute them with walnuts, almonds, or your favorite nut variety.
Can I make the pie ahead of time?
Yes, indeed! This pie is perfect for preparing in advance. Simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Can I freeze the pie?
While it’s technically possible to freeze the pie, the texture may slightly change upon thawing. We recommend enjoying it fresh for the best taste and consistency.
Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of maple syrup?
Certainly! If you prefer, you can use honey or golden syrup as a substitute for maple syrup. It will provide a slightly different flavor profile, but the pie will still be delicious.
Pecan Cream Pie
- 1 9- inch pie crust unbaked
- 240 grams 8.5 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 40 grams 1.4 oz. powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 100 grams 3.5 oz. light brown sugar
- 60 ml 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 180 grams 6.3 oz. pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blind bake the pie crust according to the package directions. Allow it to cool completely while you prepare the filling.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, salt, and maple syrup until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined. Stir in 140 grams (5 oz) of the finely chopped pecans.
- Spread the heavenly mixture into the cooled pie crust, ensuring an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 40 grams (1.4 oz) of pecans on top as a delightful garnish.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and let it chill until firm, at least 2 hours or preferably overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Slice, serve, and savor every moment as you experience the creamy indulgence and the delightful crunch of the pecans.