Stuffed Zucchini Boats are my family’s favorite. The boats are stuffed with ground chicken, pasta sauce, and cheese. A low-carb meal that can be thrown together in a heartbeat!
This easy keto dinner requires just five simple ingredients to make. It’s a delicious last-minute dinner idea. You’ll absolutely love the crunch that you will get from the zucchini and the cheesy, flavorful chicken stuffing!
Ingredients You Need To Make These Low-Carb Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Ground chicken
- Large zucchinis
- Marinara or pasta sauce
- Freshly shredded mozzarella
- Shredded Parmesan
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
How To Make Low-Carb Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Step 1: Cook the ground chicken, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Then, pour in the pasta sauce and sprinkle with tons of cheese. Mix well to make the delicious filling!
Step 2: After cutting the zucchini in half, dig out the guts using a melon baller or spoon.
Step 3: Line the boats in a greased large baking dish, then generously stuff each boat with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with tons of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Step 4: Pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
If you are watching your carbs, these chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a delicious addition to your diet.
What to serve these stuffed zucchini boats?
I love to pair them with garlic bread for my family to enjoy.
What to do with the gutted zucchini?
You can chop it and set it aside to make zucchini fritters. You can even mix it into scrambled eggs, toss it with salad, or even add it to a dinner casserole. If desired, you can throw some of it with the chicken and sauce mixture.
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats - Low Carb
- 3 large zucchinis (or 4 small)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 c. marinara or pasta sauce
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 3 c. freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan
- Cook the ground chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, chopping the meat as it cooks until no longer pink. To taste, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- To the ground chicken, add 2 c. of tomato sauce. Mix and adjust the heat to low. Simmer until the chicken slightly absorbs the tomato sauce.
- Set the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Grease and set aside.
- In the meantime, de-steam the zucchinis and cut them in half lengthwise. Carve out the guts using a spoon or melon baller.
- To the chicken and sauce mixture, add 2 c. of shredded mozzarella and half c. Parmesan. Mix well until blended.
- Onto the zucchini boats, spoon the mixture. On top, sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- In the center rack of the preheated oven, bake the zucchini boats for about 25 minutes. Then, broil for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese.