Bubble Up Pizza – This Bubble Up Pizza recipe is the perfect solution for those busy weeknights when you’re craving a delicious pizza but don’t have the time to make it from scratch. Using simple ingredients like buttermilk biscuits, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, this recipe will be ready in no time and will surely become a family favorite. The best part? The biscuits will rise and create a bubbly, delicious crust that you won’t be able to resist!
My husband and I love having pizza nights at home, but sometimes we just don’t have the energy to make the dough from scratch or go out to get our favorite pizza. That’s when we discovered this Bubble Up Pizza recipe, and it has become a staple in our household! We love how easy and quick it is to make, and the result is a mouthwatering, cheesy pizza that satisfies all our cravings. We even love experimenting with different toppings like veggies or bacon bits, and it always turns out delicious!
Why This Bubble Up Pizza Recipe is the Perfect Quick and Easy Dinner Option?
- Only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry
- Quick and easy to make – ready in less than an hour
- Creates a bubbly, crispy crust that’s irresistible
- Easily customizable with your favorite pizza toppings
- Perfect for a fun family night in or a casual dinner with friends
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits (10 count each) (453g or 1 lb. each)
- 1 jar pizza sauce (15 oz. jar) (425g)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded) (226g)
- 20 slices pepperoni
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths (a pizza cutter makes this quick and easy).
Place all the biscuit pieces in the bottom of the 9×13 pan.
Pour the pizza sauce over the biscuits.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and add the pepperoni slices.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until all the biscuits have bubbled up and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- You can customize this recipe by adding your favorite pizza toppings.
- You can use homemade pizza sauce instead of store-bought.
- Do not use Grand Biscuits as they won’t rise as well as buttermilk biscuits.
- If you want to make this recipe healthier, you can use low-fat cheese, turkey pepperoni, and whole wheat biscuits.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
In conclusion, Bubble Up Pizza is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to become a family favorite. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a tasty pizza casserole that will please even the pickiest eaters. The buttermilk biscuits create a fluffy, doughy base that’s smothered in zesty pizza sauce and gooey mozzarella cheese. And let’s not forget about the pepperoni – it adds the perfect amount of spice and flavor to this crowd-pleasing recipe. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a dish to bring to a potluck, Bubble Up Pizza is the perfect choice. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
Can I use a different type of biscuit?
It’s best to use buttermilk biscuits for this recipe as they rise the most. Grand biscuits won’t rise as well and may result in a denser final product.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer. However, mozzarella cheese is the traditional choice for pizza and melts well, so it’s recommended.
Can I use different pizza toppings?
Absolutely! You can customize this recipe to your liking by adding your favorite pizza toppings. Just be mindful of the cooking time and adjust as necessary.
How do I store leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, you can either microwave or bake in the oven at 350 degrees F until heated through.
Bubble Up Pizza
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits 10 count each (453g or 1 lb. each)
- 1 jar pizza sauce 15 oz. jar (425g)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded (226g)
- 20 slices pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths (a pizza cutter makes this quick and easy).
- Place all the biscuit pieces in the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and add the pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until all the biscuits have bubbled up and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.