Amish Oatmeal Pie is a wonderful dessert that takes notably like a pecan pie. Let’s give credit to the brown sugar for the deep, rich flavor of this sweet, simple pie.
Pies are my biggest weakness. From fruit pies to savory pies. Oatmeal pie quickly becomes my favorite. This is very easy to make by either using a pre-made crust or from scratch and this has a sweet comforting flavor.
Amish Oatmeal Pie
This oatmeal pie tastes exactly like a pecan pie. In the past, people substitute oats for pecans, resulting in this tasty soft, and gooey oatmeal pie.
What You Need To Make This Amish Oatmeal Pie
- Brown sugar
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Large eggs
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Unbaked pie shell
- Vanilla ice cream
How To Make Amish Oatmeal Pie
Step 1: To start, whisk the brown sugar, oats, sugar, and salt until combined. Add the milk along with the beaten eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix again until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
Step 2: Into the unbaked pie shell, pour the mixture.
Step 3: Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees F until the pie is completely cooked.
Step 4: Allow the pie to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 5: Slice and serve topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Can I use quick oats instead of old-fashioned oats?
Yes! Quick oats are thinner compared to old-fashioned oats and it gives a pie-filling texture without being too chewy.
How to serve oatmeal pie?
This pie can be eaten at room temperature. Although, I prefer to chill it first to keep the filling from flowing out. Either way, this pie is delicious!
Amish Oatmeal Pie - A Classic Dessert!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 c. milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the salt, sugar, oats, and brown sugar.
- Pour in the milk and add the beaten eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix again until well blended.
- Into the unbaked pie shell, pour the mixture.
- Bake the pie for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Before serving, allow the pie to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the pie and serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.