Filled with fresh veggies and coated in a zesty Italian dressing. This is the best spaghetti salad you’ll ever make!
The combination of fresh flavors and color makes this California Spaghetti Salad stands out. This makes a tasty, beautiful side dish. Take this salad to BBQ or potluck, family gatherings, or work lunches, and this will surely be a huge hit! Plus, this salad can be made up to 5 days in advance.
What You Need To Make This California Spaghetti Salad
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Black olives
- Italian dressing
- Parmesan cheese
- Sesame seeds
- Celery seed
- Garlic powder
How To Make California Spaghetti Salad
Step 1: Start by cooking the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain the spaghetti when done, and quickly rinse under cold water.
Step 2: Mix the zucchini, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, onion, and black olives in a large bowl.
Step 3: Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and mix well.
Step 4: To the veggies and olives, add the cooked spaghetti. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Step 5: Chill the salad in the fridge, covered for at least 3 hours before serving.
Can I use other veggies to make this salad?
Absolutely! This salad recipe is super versatile. You can swap out veggies if desired. Broccoli or yellow and orange bell peppers are some of the best options.
Can I use other types of pasta?
Yes! Any pasta shape will work well in this recipe. Some of my favorites are rotini and farfalle.
Can I make this salad in advance?
This California Pasta Salad is an amazing make-ahead recipe. I love this better the next day as the flavors already combined and soaked well into the pasta.
How to prevent the pasta from getting mushy?
In an ice bath (equal parts of water and ice), dunk the pasta after draining the salad. This way the pasta will not soak up too much of the dressing and not become gummy.
Vibrant and bursting with flavor California Spaghetti Salad
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked and drained
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can sliced black olives drained
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Following the package instructions, cook the spaghetti. Drain when done and run under cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the zucchini, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, onion, and black olives. Toss well until mixed.
- To make the dressing, mix the Italian dressing, sesame seeds, Parmesan cheese, paprika, celery seed, and garlic powder in a small bowl until combined.
- To the veggies and olives, add the spaghetti. Then, add the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Cover the salad and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.