Versatile and super easy to throw together! Enjoy this quick and easy dinner over rice, in warm tortillas, over a bed of salad, or even with cauliflower rice.
Cheesy Fajita Baked Chicken is a one-pan meal made with a couple of low-carb ingredients. It’s a healthy and low-carb dish that takes only thirty minutes to make!
What You Need To Make This Cheesy Fajita Baked Chicken
- Chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Fajita seasoning
- Bell peppers
- Shredded cheese
How To Make Cheesy Fajita Baked Chicken
Step 1: Mix the softened cream cheese, salsa, and fajita mix.
Step 2: Over the chicken, spread the mixture. On top, add a layer of bell peppers and shredded cheese.
Step 3: Bake at 375 degrees oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
What is the exact baking time of the chicken?
It all depends on the thickness and size of the chicken breasts. In this recipe, I used around 2 pounds of chicken breasts, then I sliced them thinly. The chicken breasts take approximately 25 minutes to completely cook. I also broil the chicken to slightly brown the cheese.
How to serve this cheesy fajita baked chicken?
If keeping a low-carb diet, serve this with cauliflower rice or enjoy it on its own. You can also make homemade fajita to make this even lower carb by mixing chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
Scrumptious Cheesy Fajita Baked Chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4-5 thinly sliced chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1/3 c. salsa
- 1-2 c. shredded cheese Mexican blend or cheddar
- 1/2 1 ounce packet of fajita seasoning
- 2 large bell peppers sliced
- Set the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Grease and set aside.
- Onto the bottom of the greased pan, lay the chicken.
- Combine the cream cheese, salsa, and fajita seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Over the chicken, evenly spread the mixture and top with sliced bell peppers, then shredded cheese. So the cheese does not burn, add it halfway through cooking if using large, thick chicken breasts.
- Place in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake uncovered for 20 to 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Keep in mind that the exact baking time of the chicken depends on its size and thickness.
- Serve the chicken by itself or in a tortilla or with Spanish rice or cauliflower rice.