Marry Me Chicken – Welcome to a culinary love affair with our irresistible Marry Me Chicken recipe. This dish is a testament to the power of flavors that will make your taste buds fall head over heels. With tender chicken breasts smothered in a creamy sundried tomato and parmesan sauce, this recipe is sure to capture your heart and leave you wanting more. Join us on a journey of romance and indulgence as we unveil the secrets of this extraordinary dish.
Imagine this: the tantalizing aroma of Marry Me Chicken fills the air as it bakes in the oven. It all started when my husband, John, surprised me on our anniversary with a candlelit dinner at home. Little did I know that he had spent the entire day perfecting this recipe, hoping it would make me fall in love with him all over again. The first bite was pure magic—a symphony of flavors that danced on my palate. We couldn’t help but laugh and toast to the power of good food and love. Since that special night, Marry Me Chicken has become a staple in our household, a reminder of the love we share and the memories we’ve created together.
Why This Recipe Will Make You Swoon?
- Flavor Fusion: The combination of sundried tomatoes, garlic, thyme, and parmesan cheese creates a symphony of flavors that will transport you to culinary bliss.
- Creamy Indulgence: The velvety, luscious sauce made with heavy cream adds a luxurious touch to the dish, enveloping each chicken breast in pure decadence.
- Easy Elegance: Impress your loved ones with this dish that looks and tastes like it was prepared by a gourmet chef. The simplicity of the recipe makes it perfect for both special occasions and weeknight dinners.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 ml)
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- ¾ cup chicken broth (180 ml)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 ml)
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes (75 g)
- ¼ – ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (25-50 g)
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken in the skillet until golden, about 4-5 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to a plate.
Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in the thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in the chopped sundried tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
Return the seared chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce all over the chicken breasts. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, garnish with fresh basil and additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- For a milder spice level, adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to your preference.
- You can substitute the heavy cream with half-and-half or a combination of milk and heavy cream for a lighter version of the dish.
- Serve this exquisite chicken with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad.
Indulge in the enchanting flavors of Marry Me Chicken and let it sweep you off your feet. This recipe holds a special place in our hearts, as it represents the love and joy that food can bring into our lives. With its rich and creamy sauce, perfectly seared chicken, and a harmonious blend of herbs and sundried tomatoes, this dish is sure to captivate your taste buds and create lasting memories around the dinner table.
Whether you’re preparing a romantic meal for two or gathering your loved ones for a special occasion, Marry Me Chicken is a recipe that promises to delight and impress. It’s a testament to the power of simple yet exquisite ingredients coming together to create something truly magical.
So, go ahead and embark on your own culinary love story with Marry Me Chicken. Let the aromas waft through your kitchen, the flavors dance on your tongue, and the joy of sharing a delicious meal fill your heart. Give this recipe a try, and who knows, it might just become a cherished tradition in your own little family, bringing smiles, love, and culinary bliss with each bite.
Happy cooking and bon appétit!
Can I use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely! Boneless chicken thighs work wonderfully in this recipe and add an extra depth of flavor.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! You can prepare the sauce ahead of time and sear the chicken breasts, then refrigerate them separately. When ready to serve, simply reheat the sauce, add the chicken to the skillet, and bake until cooked through.
What can I substitute for sundried tomatoes?
If you’re not a fan of sundried tomatoes, you can replace them with roasted red peppers for a slightly different flavor profile.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can freeze the cooked chicken and sauce separately. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat in a skillet or the oven until heated through.
Marry Me Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 15 ml
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- ¾ cup chicken broth 180 ml
- ½ cup heavy cream 120 ml
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes 75 g
- ¼ - ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 25-50 g
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken in the skillet until golden, about 4-5 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in the thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the chopped sundried tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Return the seared chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce all over the chicken breasts. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once cooked, garnish with fresh basil and additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.