Crescent Cheese Danishes – Indulge your taste buds with our mouthwatering Crescent Cheese Danishes! These delectable pastries are a delightful twist on the classic Danish, with a flaky crescent roll dough embracing a creamy, sweet cheese filling. The combination of tangy cream cheese, hints of lemon, and a touch of sweetness make these Danishes a true treat for any time of day. Whether you’re craving a heavenly breakfast, a delightful brunch addition, or a special dessert, these Crescent Cheese Danishes are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
I remember the first time I made these Crescent Cheese Danishes for my little family – it was love at first bite! The aroma of freshly baked pastries filled our kitchen, drawing my husband in with anticipation. As he took his first bite, his eyes widened with delight, and a satisfied smile spread across his face. The combination of the flaky, golden dough with the rich, creamy cheese filling was simply irresistible. From that moment on, these Danishes became a staple in our household, cherished as a symbol of comfort, love, and the joy of indulging in homemade goodness.
Why This Recipe Will Make Your Day Sweeter?
- Unique Twist: Our Crescent Cheese Danishes offer a delightful twist on the traditional Danish by using crescent roll dough as the base, adding a buttery, flaky texture that complements the creamy cheese filling perfectly.
- Creamy Cheese Filling: The blend of cream cheese, vanilla, and a hint of tangy lemon juice creates a luscious and velvety filling that will melt in your mouth with every bite.
- Sweet Sensation: A combination of light brown sugar and granulated sugar gives these Danishes a balanced sweetness that will satisfy your sweet tooth without overwhelming your taste buds.
- Easy and Versatile: With just a few simple steps, you can create these Danishes in no time. They can be enjoyed as a scrumptious breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a delightful dessert.
- 2 tubes of prepared crescent roll dough (16 ounces or approximately 454 grams)
- 8 ounces (226 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (55 grams) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Open the tubes of crescent roll dough, but do not unroll them.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and smooth.
Using a sharp knife, cut thick slices of the crescent roll dough (approximately ½” to ¾” thick), without unrolling the dough.
Place the slices on the prepared baking sheet, and using your fingers, create a slight upraised edge on each slice to hold the filling.
In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and light brown sugar. Brush this mixture onto each dough slice.
Spoon equal amounts of the cream cheese filling onto each slice.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the Danishes turn slightly golden brown.
In another small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to make the glaze. Stir until smooth.
Drizzle the glaze over each cheese Danish.
Feel free to top the Danishes with your choice of fruit or enjoy them as they are.
- For a fruity twist, you can top your Crescent Cheese Danishes with fresh berries, sliced peaches, or even a dollop of fruit preserves.
- If you prefer a richer flavor, you can sprinkle a touch of cinnamon on top of the cream cheese filling before baking.
- These Danishes are best served warm, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Simply reheat them in the oven or microwave before enjoying.
In conclusion, these Crescent Cheese Danishes are a delightful treat that will elevate your breakfast or dessert experience to new heights. The combination of flaky crescent roll dough, creamy cheese filling, and a touch of sweetness creates a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more. Whether you’re enjoying them with a cup of coffee in the morning or as a sweet indulgence after dinner, these danishes are sure to bring a smile to your face and warmth to your heart.
So why wait? Gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and embark on a culinary adventure that will fill your home with the irresistible aroma of freshly baked pastries. Surprise your loved ones with these homemade delights or treat yourself to a well-deserved moment of pure indulgence. With every bite, you’ll savor the love and care that went into creating these Crescent Cheese Danishes, making them not just a recipe, but a cherished memory in the making.
Remember, the beauty of this recipe lies not only in its simplicity but also in its versatility. Feel free to experiment with different fillings, toppings, and glazes to make these Danishes uniquely yours. No matter how you choose to enjoy them, the result will always be a deliciously satisfying treat that will have everyone asking for seconds.
So, don’t hesitate to bring a touch of homemade goodness into your life. Treat yourself and your loved ones to the joy of these Crescent Cheese Danishes, and create moments of warmth, connection, and pure delight that will be cherished for years to come.
Can I use homemade crescent roll dough instead of the prepared tubes?
Absolutely! If you have a favorite homemade crescent roll dough recipe, feel free to use it instead. Just make sure to roll it out into the desired thickness and follow the recipe as usual.
Can I substitute the cream cheese with another type of cheese?
While cream cheese is traditionally used in this recipe, you can experiment with other soft cheeses such as mascarpone or ricotta. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture may vary slightly.
Can I freeze the Danishes?
Yes, you can freeze the Danishes before baking. Simply assemble them up to the point of baking, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 1 month. When you’re ready to enjoy them, bake as directed, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time if needed.
Can I make these Danishes in advance?
Absolutely! You can prepare the Danishes a day ahead and store them in the refrigerator before baking. When you’re ready to serve, simply bake them according to the recipe instructions. The freshly baked aroma and taste will still be just as delightful.
Can I make mini Danishes instead of large ones?
Yes, you can create mini versions of these Crescent Cheese Danishes by cutting the crescent roll dough into smaller slices and adjusting the baking time accordingly. Keep an eye on them as they bake to ensure they don’t overcook.
Can I use a different glaze for the Danishes?
Certainly! The glaze provided in the recipe adds a classic touch, but you can get creative with your glaze choices. Consider using a lemon glaze, a maple syrup drizzle, or even a cream cheese frosting for a richer flavor profile. The possibilities are endless!
Crescent Cheese Danishes
- 2 tubes of prepared crescent roll dough 16 ounces or approximately 454 grams
- 8 ounces 226 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 28 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon 5 mL lemon juice
- ¼ cup 55 grams light brown sugar
- ½ cup 100 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon 5 mL vanilla extract
- ½ cup 60 grams powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons 20 mL milk
- 1 teaspoon 5 mL vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the tubes of crescent roll dough, but do not unroll them.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Using a sharp knife, cut thick slices of the crescent roll dough (approximately ½" to ¾" thick), without unrolling the dough.
- Place the slices on the prepared baking sheet, and using your fingers, create a slight upraised edge on each slice to hold the filling.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and light brown sugar. Brush this mixture onto each dough slice.
- Spoon equal amounts of the cream cheese filling onto each slice.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the Danishes turn slightly golden brown.
- In another small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to make the glaze. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over each cheese Danish.
- Feel free to top the Danishes with your choice of fruit or enjoy them as they are.