Crockpot BBQ Chicken – Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of our Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken recipe. This delightful dish combines tender, juicy chicken breasts with a delectable homemade BBQ sauce, creating a flavor explosion that will leave you craving more. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or looking for an easy weeknight meal, this recipe is a winner. Get ready to impress your taste buds and your loved ones with this irresistible dish!
In our household, this Crockpot BBQ Chicken has become a legendary dish, loved by both my husband and our little family. It all started when we were looking for a hassle-free way to enjoy delicious barbecue flavors without the need for grilling or extensive preparation. We stumbled upon this recipe and decided to give it a try. Little did we know that it would become an instant hit!
I still remember the first time we made it. The aroma of the chicken slow-cooking in the BBQ sauce filled our home, building anticipation with each passing hour. When it was finally time to dig in, we were blown away by the tender, juicy chicken that practically melted in our mouths. The sauce had the perfect balance of smoky, tangy, and slightly sweet flavors. Since then, this recipe has become a staple for family gatherings, potlucks, and lazy weekends. It’s the kind of dish that brings everyone together, creating lasting memories around the dinner table.
Why This Crockpot BBQ Chicken Recipe Will Leave You Craving for More?
- This recipe features succulent boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked to perfection in a crockpot. The slow cooking process ensures that the meat becomes incredibly tender and moist.
- The star of the dish is the homemade BBQ sauce, combining the tangy goodness of BBQ sauce with the zesty kick of Italian dressing, a hint of sweetness from brown sugar, and the rich umami flavor of Worcestershire sauce.
- Each bite of this Crockpot BBQ Chicken bursts with a harmonious blend of smoky, sweet, and tangy flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
- Versatile serving options: Enjoy it on fresh rolls topped with coleslaw, serve it over rice, wrap it in tortillas, or even use it to create a delicious BBQ chicken salad.
- This recipe is incredibly convenient and requires minimal effort. Simply combine the ingredients, let your crockpot work its magic, and revel in the delicious results.
- 907 grams (2 lbs.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 240 grams (1 cup) BBQ sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Italian dressing
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
Lightly season the chicken breasts with a small pinch of sea salt and place them in your crockpot.
In a mixing bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken breasts in the crockpot, ensuring they are evenly coated.
Cover the crockpot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together and the chicken to become tender.
Once the cooking time is up, you have two options: You can serve the chicken breasts whole or use two forks to shred the meat for a more pulled chicken texture.
If shredding the chicken, recover the crockpot and let it cook in the sauce for an additional 10-15 minutes to soak up all the delicious flavors.
Serve the Crockpot BBQ Chicken on fresh rolls, over rice, in wraps, on a salad, or enjoy it as is! Our personal favorite is to pile the shredded chicken onto fresh rolls and top it with coleslaw for an extra burst of freshness.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your taste preferences. Add more BBQ sauce for a bolder flavor or increase the brown sugar for a sweeter profile.
- For a spicier kick, you can incorporate a dash of hot sauce or crushed red pepper flakes into the BBQ sauce mixture.
- If you prefer a healthier option, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, but adjust the cooking time accordingly as thighs may require a bit longer to cook through.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or halved, depending on your needs. Just adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly and ensure the chicken is fully covered with the sauce.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The flavors tend to meld and intensify, making it even more delicious the next day.
Indulging in the mouthwatering flavors of our Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken recipe is an experience that will leave you wanting more. The tender, juicy chicken combined with the irresistible homemade BBQ sauce creates a culinary masterpiece that is sure to impress both family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, enjoying a cozy family dinner, or simply craving a taste of smoky goodness, this recipe delivers on all fronts.
The convenience of using a crockpot allows you to set it and forget it, while the magical slow cooking process infuses the chicken with flavors that are simply out of this world. The versatility of serving options means you can enjoy this dish in various ways, from mouthwatering sandwiches to flavorful wraps or as a protein-packed addition to your favorite salads.
Prepare to be amazed as the aroma of the BBQ sauce fills your home, creating anticipation that builds with each passing hour. Once it’s time to dig in, the succulent chicken practically melts in your mouth, and the harmonious blend of sweet, tangy, and smoky flavors dances on your taste buds.
Whether you’re a barbecue enthusiast or simply someone who appreciates delicious home-cooked meals, this Crockpot BBQ Chicken recipe is a must-try. So gather your loved ones, fire up the crockpot, and get ready to enjoy a culinary adventure that will create lasting memories around your dinner table. With each bite, you’ll understand why this recipe has become a cherished favorite in our household and why it’s bound to become a staple in yours too.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe?
Absolutely! You can use frozen chicken breasts, but keep in mind that the cooking time will need to be extended. We recommend adding an additional 1-2 hours of cooking time when using frozen chicken.
Can I cook this recipe on low heat instead of high?
Yes, you can cook the Crockpot BBQ Chicken on low heat instead of high. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly. We recommend cooking it on low for 6-8 hours for tender and flavorful results.
Can I use a different type of meat?
While this recipe is specifically designed for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can experiment with other cuts of chicken, such as thighs or drumsticks. Just be mindful of the different cooking times required for each cut.
What can I serve with this Crockpot BBQ Chicken?
The options are endless! You can serve the chicken on fresh rolls, alongside coleslaw and corn on the cob for a classic BBQ experience. It’s also delicious served over fluffy rice, wrapped in tortillas with your favorite toppings, or even added to salads for a protein-packed meal.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Absolutely! This recipe is perfect for meal prep or making ahead for gatherings. Simply store the cooked chicken and sauce in separate containers in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat the chicken in the sauce on the stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- 907 grams 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 240 grams 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 60 ml 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 60 grams 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 15 ml 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with a small pinch of sea salt and place them in your crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken breasts in the crockpot, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together and the chicken to become tender.
- Once the cooking time is up, you have two options: You can serve the chicken breasts whole or use two forks to shred the meat for a more pulled chicken texture.
- If shredding the chicken, recover the crockpot and let it cook in the sauce for an additional 10-15 minutes to soak up all the delicious flavors.
- Serve the Crockpot BBQ Chicken on fresh rolls, over rice, in wraps, on a salad, or enjoy it as is! Our personal favorite is to pile the shredded chicken onto fresh rolls and top it with coleslaw for an extra burst of freshness.