Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake – This Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake is a magical dessert that will make your taste buds sing. This cake is perfect for fall and winter seasons, and it’s easy to make with just a few ingredients. It’s a mouthwatering combination of pumpkin pie mix, spice cake, and creamy frosting. Trust me, once you try this recipe, you’ll never look at pumpkin pie the same way again. So, grab your baking dish and let’s get started!
I still remember the first time I made this Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake for my husband. He took one bite and his eyes widened with delight. “This is amazing!” he exclaimed. Since then, this cake has become a staple in our household. Every year, when the leaves start to fall and the air gets a little chillier, we make this cake to celebrate the season. It’s a tradition that brings us closer together as a family, and I can’t imagine fall without it.
Why This Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake Will Be Your New Favorite Dessert?
This Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake is an extraordinary dessert that combines the flavors of pumpkin pie and spice cake into one delicious treat. It’s perfect for those who love pumpkin spice flavors but want something different from the traditional pie. Here are some selling points to convince you to try it:
- Only 5 ingredients: You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this cake, making it a quick and easy dessert for any occasion.
- Perfect for fall and winter: This cake is the perfect dessert for the colder months, and it’s a great way to celebrate the season.
- Creamy and delicious: The combination of the pumpkin pie mix and the creamy frosting creates a mouthwatering dessert that will make your taste buds dance.
- Versatile: You can serve this cake as a dessert or even as a breakfast or brunch item. It’s perfect for any time of day!
- 1 can (30 oz.) of pumpkin pie mix (851 g)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 box of spice cake mix (15.25 oz.) (432 g)
- 1 cup of salted butter (2 sticks), melted (227 g)
- 1 container of white or vanilla frosting (16 oz.) (454 g)
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
Lightly spray the bottom only of a 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin pie mix and eggs until well combined.
Add the cake mix and melted butter, and mix for a full 2 minutes until the batter is smooth and well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until the center of the cake is firm and not jiggly.
Allow the cake to cool completely, then spread the frosting on top.
Cut the cake into 12 squares and serve!
- If you can’t find pumpkin pie mix, you can use canned pumpkin puree and add 1-2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to it.
- For a more homemade taste, you can make your own spice cake mix using all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free cake mix instead of a regular one.
- You can use unsalted butter instead of salted butter, but add a pinch of salt to the batter to make up for the difference in flavor.
- You can use any type of frosting you prefer, but white or vanilla frosting works best with this recipe.
This Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your family and friends. With only a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can create a flavorful and moist cake that’s perfect for fall gatherings, Thanksgiving, or any time of the year. The combination of pumpkin pie mix, spice cake mix, and butter creates a unique and indulgent flavor, while the frosting on top adds a creamy and sweet finishing touch. Whether you’re a pumpkin lover or not, this cake is a must-try. So grab your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to make some magic happen in your kitchen!
Can I make this recipe without a stand mixer?
Yes, you can mix the ingredients using a large mixing bowl and a whisk or hand mixer.
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use a yellow cake mix or a white cake mix instead of a spice cake mix, but the flavor will be different.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe up to 1 day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 2 months. To thaw, simply place it in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I use homemade frosting instead of store-bought?
Yes, you can use homemade frosting instead of store-bought frosting. Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream would be a great alternative.
Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake
- 1 can 30 oz. of pumpkin pie mix (851 g)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 box of spice cake mix 15.25 oz. (432 g)
- 1 cup of salted butter 2 sticks, melted (227 g)
- 1 container of white or vanilla frosting 16 oz. (454 g)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Lightly spray the bottom only of a 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin pie mix and eggs until well combined.
- Add the cake mix and melted butter, and mix for a full 2 minutes until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until the center of the cake is firm and not jiggly.
- Allow the cake to cool completely, then spread the frosting on top.
- Cut the cake into 12 squares and serve!