For a hearty weeknight dinner – put this keto chicken bacon ranch casserole quickly. This casserole is incredibly satisfying and packed with amazing flavors!
Next time you want a tasty weeknight dinner, give this quick keto chicken bacon ranch casserole a try. This comes together easily and makes plenty enough to feed a family. Bonus, this also makes a great meal prep for the week!
What You Need To Make This Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Broccoli florets
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Dried parsley
- Dried chives
- Dried dill weed
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
To prepare the broccoli & chicken
Step 1: In boiling water, cook the broccoli for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large skillet, sauté the chicken with the seasonings in oil until fully cooked.
Step 3: Toss in the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more. Once done, transfer the chicken to a plate.
To make the sauce
Step 4: In the same skillet, pour in the heavy whipping cream. Scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan using a whisk. Then, cook for a couple of minutes until the cream starts to thicken.
Step 5: To make the creamy cheese sauce, add the shredded cheese. If desired, season with salt and pepper.
To assemble and bake the casserole
Step 6: In the bottom of a well-greased 9 x 9-inch casserole dish, place the broccoli and add the chicken.
Step 7: Over the chicken and broccoli, pour the thickened cheese mixture. Toss well.
Step 8: On top, sprinkle with the rest of the cheddar cheese, followed by the crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese.
Step 9: Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated 350 degrees F oven until browned and bubbling.
Step 10: Before serving, allow the casserole to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top the casserole with chives or green onions for extra flavor.
- In this recipe, you are welcome to use different types of cheese. I like Pepperjack as this gives the casserole a slight heat. For a creamier casserole, use cream cheese.
- You can use rotisserie chickens for a shortcut version.
- Cauliflower is a great substitute for broccoli.
How to store?
For an easy weeknight dinner, this low-carb bacon chicken ranch casserole is an amazing make-ahead dish.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container and refrigerated for a couple of days. Simply reheat in the microwave or oven.
For longer storage, you can freeze this casserole.
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¾ tsp dried chives
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp dried dill weed
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a pot of water, place the broccoli. Over a medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Then, blanch the broccoli for 5 minutes. In cold water, immediately rinse the broccoli and drain.
- To the bottom of a well-greased 9 x 9-inch casserole dish, add the broccoli.
- Combine the chicken pieces, chives, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken and saute until fully cooked. Then, add 2 tsp minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Into the casserole dish with the broccoli, transfer the chicken.
- Adjust the heat on the stove to medium. In the same skillet you saute the chicken, add the heavy whipping cream. Scrape the bottom of the pan using a whisk to release the browned bits. Cook for a couple of minutes until the heavy cream starts to thicken.
- To the skillet, add half a c. of the shredded cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- Over the broccoli mixture in the casserole dish, pour the thickened cheese mixture. Mix well.
- On top, sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese, then crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the casserole has browned and bubbled.
- Before serving, allow the casserole to rest for 5 minutes.