Your picky eaters will love this amazing ground beef family dinner! This 4-ingredient casserole dish is a super easy and quick meal that you can easily make with very little prep time. A budget-friendly dinner casserole that’s very comforting it’s like eating a cheeseburger out of a pan!
Seriously delicious and cheesy. This cheeseburger dinner casserole is excellent to pair with salad or broccoli. This casserole is without a doubt a family-pleasing meal. Leftovers are also amazing for lunch or dinner the next day.
What You Need To Make This Hamburger Casserole
- Medium pasta shells
- Ground beef
- Tomato soup
- Shredded cheddar
- Shredded mozzarella
- Seasoning to taste
How To Make Hamburger Casserole
Step 1: Cook the pasta following the package directions, then drain when done.
Step 2: In a large skillet, cook the beef along with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper (if desired, you can add the diced onion) until the meat is browned.
Step 3: Add the pasta shell once the beef is brown. Pour in the tomato soup, and a bit of water, and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Mix well and transfer everything into a greased large 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Step 4: Cover with the rest of the cheese, then tent with foil. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees oven. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is brown. If you want to make it slightly toasty, broil for the last couple of minutes.
How many can I feed with this casserole?
This casserole is enough to serve 6 to 8 people. Of course, depending on their appetites.
How to serve this cheeseburger casserole?
This is already packed full of flavor even when the ingredients used are only a couple. This casserole is great on its own, but you can top it with a bit of sour cream, diced tomatoes, jalapeños, or any of your favorite toppings.
Easy and Quick Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans of tomato soup 10 ounces
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 box medium pasta shells 1 pound
- garlic, salt & pepper to taste
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- Following the package directions, cook the pasta. Drain when done.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees, then grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet along with garlic powder, salt, and pepper (or your preferred seasoning) until the beef is brown, breaking into small pieces as it cooks.
- To the skillet with the browned beef, add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, a half cup of water, and half of the cheese. Stir well and cook over medium heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Into the prepared baking dish, transfer the mixture, and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Tent with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take the foil off and continue baking for 10 minutes more. If desired, you can broil to brown the cheese in the last 2 to 3 minutes of baking.
- Serve the casserole right away with your favorite toppings or by itself. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days.