Creamy Cucumber Salad – Creamy Cucumber Salad is a refreshing and tangy salad that is perfect for the summer season. Made with sliced and peeled cucumbers, finely chopped yellow onions, and a creamy sour cream dressing, this salad is a must-try for those who love fresh and crisp flavors. The recipe is simple, quick to make, and can be served as a side dish for any meal. Whether you are hosting a barbecue or just looking for a light and tasty meal, this salad is sure to impress.
Creamy Cucumber Salad has always been a favorite in my household. It all started when my husband and I were looking for a refreshing side dish to pair with our grilled chicken during one hot summer day. We stumbled upon this recipe and decided to give it a try. To our surprise, the salad turned out to be a hit with our little family. The combination of creamy and tangy flavors made our taste buds dance with joy. Since then, we have made this salad countless times and it has become a staple in our household.
Why This Creamy Cucumber Salad is Perfect for Your Next Summer BBQ?
- The combination of fresh cucumbers and tangy sour cream dressing make for a perfect summer dish.
- The recipe is quick and easy to make, making it a perfect side dish for any meal.
- This salad is perfect for those looking for a light and healthy meal option.
- The salad can be easily customized by adding or removing ingredients to fit your preferences.
- 1.36 kg (3 lbs.) of sliced and peeled cucumbers
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 510 g (18 oz.) of light sour cream
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) of white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed (or 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped dill)
Peel and slice the cucumbers and set them aside.
Finely chop the onion and prepare the dressing by mixing the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and dill in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Taste the dressing and adjust the vinegar and sugar to your liking.
Fold in the cucumbers and onions into the dressing, mix well.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- For a creamier salad, add more sour cream to the dressing.
- You can substitute fresh chopped dill for dried dill weed if you prefer.
- The salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
In conclusion, this Creamy Cucumber Salad recipe is a refreshing and tasty side dish that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of sliced cucumbers, chopped onions, and a creamy, tangy dressing made with light sour cream and vinegar creates a harmonious balance of flavors that will leave you wanting more. This recipe is easy to prepare and is a great addition to any summer barbecue, potluck, or family dinner. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
Can I use regular sour cream instead of light sour cream?
Yes, you can use regular sour cream if you prefer.
Can I use apple cider vinegar instead of white distilled vinegar?
Yes, you can use apple cider vinegar as a substitute for white distilled vinegar.
Can I add other vegetables to the salad?
Yes, you can add other vegetables such as tomatoes, carrots, or bell peppers to the salad to make it more colorful and flavorful.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 1.36 kg 3 lbs. of sliced and peeled cucumbers
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 510 g 18 oz. of light sour cream
- 180 ml 3/4 cup of white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed or 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped dill
- Peel and slice the cucumbers and set them aside.
- Finely chop the onion and prepare the dressing by mixing the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and dill in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the vinegar and sugar to your liking.
- Fold in the cucumbers and onions into the dressing, mix well.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.